Religion Christianity

Living Happily
Where's the intellectual discussion? how about you justify your statement instead of shitposting.
- avi of a penitent
We can have an intellectual discussion. You only have the start by giving me an argument against my claim

Loser
Staff member
- avi of a penitent
We can have an intellectual discussion. You only have the start by giving me an argument against my claim
My avatar has nothing to do with this, if it weren't for religion then I would have killed myself a long time ago. A person can still be severely mentally ill and depressed while still being a loyal servant to god, I mean all the prophets (peace and blessings be upon them) went through trials and hardships.

Loser
Staff member
- avi of a penitent
And for the intellectual discussion, would you like to have an appointed time for it? I don't mind just doing it back and forth. As for the actual argument, let us begin with you explaining the trinity to me.

My avatar has nothing to do with this, if it weren't for religion then I would have killed myself a long time ago. A person can still be severely mentally ill and depressed while still being a loyal servant to god, I mean all the prophets (peace and blessings be upon them) went through trials and hardships.
Don't even bother, you know how these types are :pepepopcorn:

Living Happily
I believed you where atheistic. Stupid assumption on my part

Living Happily
And for the intellectual discussion, would you like to have an appointed time for it? I don't mind just doing it back and forth. As for the actual argument, let us begin with you explaining the trinity to me.
Im not online much so slow replies.
The Holy Trinity is the belief that God exists as three distinct but unified persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Each person is fully God, sharing the same divine essence, yet they are not three gods, but one. The Father creates, the Son redeems, and the Spirit sanctifies, working together in perfect harmony.

Loser
Staff member
Im not online much so slow replies.
The Holy Trinity is the belief that God exists as three distinct but unified persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Each person is fully God, sharing the same divine essence, yet they are not three gods, but one. The Father creates, the Son redeems, and the Spirit sanctifies, working together in perfect harmony.
What do you believe are the qualities of god? And is jesus (peace be upon him) god? If so, how can he be god if jesus ate, slept, and used the bathroom?

Loser
Staff member
What do you believe are the qualities of god? And is jesus (peace be upon him) god? If so, how can he be god if jesus ate, slept, and used the bathroom?
And how is he god if he said in the bible that no one knows the hour except for the father?

Living Happily
What do you believe are the qualities of god?
All-powerful, all-knowing, timeless, and beyond human limitations. Perfect, infinite, and self-sufficient, needing nothing from creation.
And is jesus (peace be upon him) god? If so, how can he be god if jesus ate, slept, and used the bathroom?
And how is he god if he said in the bible that no one knows the hour except for the father?
Jesus is believed to be both fully God and fully human. His eating, sleeping, and other human experiences show his complete identification with humanity. Christians see this as God humbling himself to live as a man *Limiting his power*, while his divine nature remained fully intact. These human experiences don't diminish His divinity but highlight God's love in becoming one of us to save us.

Loser
Staff member
All-powerful, all-knowing, timeless, and beyond human limitations. Perfect, infinite, and self-sufficient, needing nothing from creation.

Jesus is believed to be both fully God and fully human. His eating, sleeping, and other human experiences show his complete identification with humanity. Christians see this as God humbling himself to live as a man *Limiting his power*, while his divine nature remained fully intact. These human experiences don't diminish His divinity but highlight God's love in becoming one of us to save us.
Why does god need to humble himself? It's not about whether he's powerful enough to or not, it's that it does not befit god to do such a thing.

Living Happily
Why does god need to humble himself? It's not about whether he's powerful enough to or not, it's that it does not befit god to do such a thing.
it benefits humanity to do so.
By becoming human, he could directly experience human struggles, sufferings, and limitations, allowing him to connect with us. His humility was an act of love, showing his desire to save and restore humanity. Through this humility, he provided a path for humanity to be reconciled with God, offering salvation. It is very befitting of god to do this.

Last edited:
Activity
So far there's no one here