Discussion Everyone should check out the official philosophical pessimism subreddit.

Know yourself to know the world.
They have so little problems that they are miserable over nothing
I don't think so. I think philosophical pessimism comes out from a place of empathy. If you're an empath like me, then you are sure to suffer by seeing the true natue of reality, but if you are not, then it is normal for you to feel like 'they are miserable over nothing'. What other thing is philosophical pessimism if not a set of observations about the nature of reality and suffering?

They have so little problems that they are miserable over nothing
I know this is a personal question, but do you consider to have experienced a lot of pain either psychological/physical in your life, or have you gone through any sort of traumatic experience?

In fact, I'd say that most of the people there have experienced tremendous amounts of pain. There is something that draws you to philosophical pessimism and that is because it is a sort of comfort that tells you that life is just not okay, discarding any form of toxic optimism and cheap self-help beliefs such as 'everything happens for a reason' and the like.

An abstract
I know this is a personal question, but do you consider to have experienced a lot of pain either psychological/physical in your life, or have you gone through any sort of traumatic experience?

In fact, I'd say that most of the people there have experienced tremendous amounts of pain. There is something that draws you to philosophical pessimism and that is because it is a sort of comfort that tells you that life is just not okay, discarding any form of toxic optimism and cheap self-help beliefs such as 'everything happens for a reason' and the like.
Yeah every day is just constant misery and can't help but contemplate suicide

Yeah every day is just constant misery and can't help but contemplate suicide
Start here :pepocute: :

Good luck:lifefuel:

Rookie

“Pleasure is never as pleasant as we expected it to be and pain is always more painful. The pain in the world always outweighs the pleasure. If you don't believe it, compare the respective feelings of two animals, one of which is eating the other.”​

Schopenhauer
How can people still confidently believe in the book religions, (islam etc)

Religion or what it aims to be can be based but most use it to cope and gain control over people.

How can people still confidently believe in the book religions, (islam etc)

Religion or what it aims to be can be based but most use it to cope and gain control over people.
Pay attention to what you read and when your ready you'll know what to do.

Rookie
Pay attention to what you read and when your ready you'll know what to do.
I knew my response would grant an airy response that one says to he who displays much too much cynicism.

My response was made to be sarcastic, overly so and thus constrained.

Are You trying to hint that religion has truth hidden ?

I knew my response would grant an airy response that one says to he who displays much too much cynicism.

My response was made to be sarcastic, overly so and thus constrained.

Are You trying to hint that religion has truth hidden ?
If at the result of your research you find nothing of importance, that there is no substance, that after seeking to understand, you find nothing objective, concreate whatsoever- you have your answer.

Activity
So far there's no one here