Discussion Hard work and genetics. Short reflection.

Know yourself to know the world.
I have always thought that hard work is often an attempt to compensate for a lack of genetic advantage. However, I also believe that, due to the limitations of our genes—depending on each person’s field of specialization, whether intellectual, artistic, or athletic—there comes a point where the natural brain or muscle power granted by genetics is no longer enough. In short, when you want to reach the limits of excellence in a particular field, you have to work hard regardless of your genetic gifts, provided they offer at least some advantage.

I think it’s all about limits. The genetically privileged obviously have higher limits, but if they don’t work hard, they might not be able to reach them. Why should they, after all? Everything has come easier to them, so why should they complicate things unnecessarily? Well, complicating things is for those who want to reach the highest levels of excellence in their respective fields.

In the end, it's all about how far you're willing to go with what you’ve been given. That’s all. If being genetically privileged is enough for you, then good for you—there's no point in making life harder than it needs to be. Why should it be, anyway? What are we really trying to achieve with all this 'hard work'? Some might prefer easier lives, while others enjoy challenges. To each their own.

Activity
So far there's no one here