My thoughts on the objections to Advaita through a series of questions and answers

Why can't l change the world if l am Brahman ?

If l am Brahman, then my will is Brahman's will. My will related to what doesn't happen is illusory, like my mind and body.

How does Brahman bring change if he is unchanging ?

Brahman grounds the temporal realm in which both mental and bodily change occurs. The change has no beginning, nor end.

What is the nature of an illusion ?

An illusion is something seeming or appearing as other than what it is. All illusions are caused by mistaken comprehension.

Does the world exist as an illusion for Brahman ?

Brahman experiences the content of illusion, without mistaking the illusion to be the reality. Just like a knowledgeable person can see a mirage, without believing in its actual existence. He never loses his identity as pure consciousness.

What exists other than all that is illusory ?

Consciousness

How can consciousness ground the mental and physical world and how can an illusion be grounded by what is real ?

The real can actually ground an illusion. Just as the real moving wings of a fan show an illusory circle. This is an analogy, so it doesn't explain the "how", maybe we will never know it.

If l am Brahman and Brahman knows how consciousness grounds the illusion, then why don't we know how consciousness is grounded ?

Brahman (I) knows the way the illusion is grounded without a "how" or "why". In other words, it's a brute fact, requiring no further explanations. But nevertheless, it's a brute fact in the realm of illusions.

Activity
So far there's no one here