Venting I really hate going to the gym.

Know yourself to know the world.
I mean, it is nice to 'destress' my body from all the anxiety, but I really hate working out, it is just too painful sometimes for me, specially when training legs. I wish I could invest that time in something better, but keep a stable level of muscle mass. I wouldn't mind so much about being skinny, but I have a giga big square head and the typical skinny guy frame, so I end up looking ridiculous if I don't work out JFL.

blank slate
Staff member
Administrator
Gymming is another product of modern unnatural society, so it's understandable why you hate it so much. The hunter-gatherer lifestyle was best optimised for our male physicality, humans are weaker now due to the conveniences of the modern world. I think you could try replacing it with another physical activity that is more natural to our bodily movement and biology.

Gymming is another product of modern unnatural society, so it's understandable why you hate it so much. The hunter-gatherer lifestyle was best optimised for our male physicality, humans are weaker now due to the conveniences of the modern world. I think you could try replacing it with another physical activity that is more natural to our bodily movement and biology.
lifting man-made objects in man-made institutions

Know yourself to know the world.
lifting man-made objects in man-made institutions
I agree, it is literally torture.

Loser
Staff member
Many ancient civilizations had some form of the gym, the ancient greeks would lift weights known as halteres which are similar to modern-day dumbbells, roman soldiers also had to carry heavy objects during marching and had to perform exercises designed to improve their physical endurance and strength.

Lux

Rookie
Sometimes I feel like this after a long vacation when I haven't lifted for a while. You acclimate to it & eventually classically condition yourself to enjoy the feeling of muscle failure.

If you can't achieve this it's a bad sign. Perseverance and achievement in gym will correlate with perseverance and achievement in other areas of life.

Anecdotally in uni it's the jacked guys you really want in a group project or lab they have their shit dialed in. The skinny-ugly nerds will get worse grades & more likely to have a weed problem.

Activity
So far there's no one here