- Joined
- Feb 24, 2024
- Messages
- 955
- Thread Author
- #1
Everyman is under the impression that he knows, but when asked to explain the meaning of his understanding, it is his own mouth which condemns him.
Every man ought to begin with the Socratic statement "I know, that I know nothing, and the only thing I do know is that I am ignorant", when we examine our mental libraries, we find that our documentations and explanations of matters are in want for we often do not know. Emotion regulated allows us to become moderate, but when abused or allowing its jurisdiction to supersede its boundaries we find ourselves at the mercy of erratic behavior.
Let us start first with Socrates, then to our senses, what we see, smell, taste, hear and touch; from there we allow ourselves to take in what we can, slowly, gently and immediate. For animals do not see the future nor do they act in such a manner that allows them for complexity of behavior.
to give a clear idea:
1. Do not assume you know, until you can see it directly.
2. Take in only information that is relevant and precise.
3. To many lies cloud the mind, to many inaccuracies paint a mediocre picture.
4. Let your natural faculties work according to their function.
5. Be moderate in thought, emotion and action; exaggerate not.
Every man ought to begin with the Socratic statement "I know, that I know nothing, and the only thing I do know is that I am ignorant", when we examine our mental libraries, we find that our documentations and explanations of matters are in want for we often do not know. Emotion regulated allows us to become moderate, but when abused or allowing its jurisdiction to supersede its boundaries we find ourselves at the mercy of erratic behavior.
Let us start first with Socrates, then to our senses, what we see, smell, taste, hear and touch; from there we allow ourselves to take in what we can, slowly, gently and immediate. For animals do not see the future nor do they act in such a manner that allows them for complexity of behavior.
to give a clear idea:
1. Do not assume you know, until you can see it directly.
2. Take in only information that is relevant and precise.
3. To many lies cloud the mind, to many inaccuracies paint a mediocre picture.
4. Let your natural faculties work according to their function.
5. Be moderate in thought, emotion and action; exaggerate not.