Interest Anyone into visual novels?

Loser
Staff member
Visual novels are dying which is not based, VN's are really good imo

I recently got into playing cafe stella and it's a great VN imo

Anyone every played a VN? And if so do you enjoy playing them? For me it's been easy to immerse myself into them
I don't know much about visual novels, I just know that the genre is filled with a lot of erotic/NSFW VNs and gooners.

>New Game?
I enjoy visual novels but prefer to read books. The genre is severely under-utilized. You either get 'le big, busty housewives of coomerville' or some fringe, ultra-convoluted anime plot hatched by a small group of autistic, Japanese basement-dwellers. For the former you might as well just indulge in a generative experience with something like SillyTavern, RisuAI or MikuGG; the latter is where the genre shines.

For those who enjoy grand, ambitious stories: 07th Expansion, Fate and Zero Escape come to mind. Steins;Gate is my favorite VN as it boasts a high-tier selection of waifus alongside a wonderfully crafted sci-fi narrative, though it lays it on quite thickly with references to weeb culture (It's set in Akihabara, the electronic and otaku capital of Japan).

Last edited:
Rookie
Visual novels are dying which is not based, VN's are really good imo

I recently got into playing cafe stella and it's a great VN imo

Anyone every played a VN? And if so do you enjoy playing them? For me it's been easy to immerse myself into them
the best form of media but like myst mentioned it gets alot of bad rep do to nsfw and it being in anime style

Rookie
I enjoy visual novels but prefer to read books. The genre is severely under-utilized. You either get 'le big, busty housewives of coomerville' or some fringe, ultra-convoluted anime plot hatched by a small group of autistic, Japanese basement-dwellers. For the former you might as well just indulge in a generative experience with something like SillyTavern, RisuAI or MikuGG; the latter is where the genre shines.

For those who enjoy grand, ambitious stories: 07th Expansion, Fate and Zero Escape come to mind. Steins;Gate is my favorite VN as it boasts a high-tier selection of waifus alongside a wonderfully crafted sci-fi narrative, though it lays it on quite thickly with references to weeb culture (It's set in Akihabara, the electronic and otaku
u should play the prequel chaos head if u havent or the sequal steins gate 0

Rookie
Steins gate has an anime right? And i liked it, should i play the vn as well?
yup the visual novel is much better, if ur only intrested in steins gate u can play that then steins gate 0 but its all apart of a series called science adventure which i highly recommend u play and the correct order for that would be
  • Chaos;Head (Noah)
  • Steins;Gate
  • Robotics;Notes
  • Chaos;Child
  • Steins;Gate 0
  • Robotics;Notes DaSH

An abstract
yup the visual novel is much better, if ur only intrested in steins gate u can play that then steins gate 0 but its all apart of a series called science adventure which i highly recommend u play and the correct order for that would be
  • Chaos;Head (Noah)
  • Steins;Gate
  • Robotics;Notes
  • Chaos;Child
  • Steins;Gate 0
  • Robotics;Notes DaSH
Damn that's a really deep lore, never knew there's this much to cover, will definitely check it out, also do you have some eroge recommendations? Asking for a friend:pepeahegao

Rookie
have you played any of the other clockup vns? i've been wanting to play fraternite for a while, but can't find any translations online
nope ive heard of it tho ima try find a translation
only looked for a little but i think its time to learn kanji.....

Last edited:
Activity
So far there's no one here